Thursday, July 05, 2012

Wanting to Travel

Wow, the new structure of Blogger is pretty strange.  It looks more like Gdocs.  Guess I'll have to get used to it, since I want to post more often.

It is now 56 days away from my flight date. Originally I wanted to fly on 31 Aug, but since it's a school holiday most people were flying off on that day. So now I am flying off on the morning of the 30th. My parents are going with me, and it'll be the first holiday I am having for a very long time. I wonder how it will go? My mom and I are tossing around the idea of travelling, but even booking the plane tickets was quite an adventure. I'm not sure how much easier travelling out of the place will actually be once we get to it.

Luckily, the group I am with all seem to be great travellers. I met up with a Korean couple last night along with a few other Singaporeans. The Korean couple was here on the way from Australia, and were extending a few more nights in Singapore. They're also going to drive around Europe just before school starts. In fact, they're the ones who awoke the travel lust in me.

They're not the only ones. There's another girl who's doing a grand tour of Asia right now, and I really wish that I could do that. I even have the Krisflyer miles. Maybe I could use that to fly somewhere. Although I should probably save it for my parents' trip when they come down to visit me in December. We are hoping to go to Paris, so that should be fun.

No comments: